Authentic Scale Model Replica by John Bowman
The 127.3’ x 24.2’ x 3.6’ shallow-draft, stern-wheel packet Bellaire was built at the Harmar, Ohio Knox Yard in 1887. W.F. Robertson & Co. of Marietta, Ohio built her machinery. She was built for Capt. James S. McDonald to run in the Bellaire-Wheeling trade. In 1890, she had expanded her run to Marietta and Middleport, Ohio. McDonald sold her in the late 1890s to the Calvert family to run on the Kanawha River in the Charleston-Montgomery, West Virginia trade. In 1901, Bellaire was renamed Kanawha Belle.
Displayed at the BELMONT COUNTY SHERIFF’S RESIDENCE MUSEUM St. Clairsville, Ohio